Jujey's Old Fashion Pound Cake!

>> Friday, December 18, 2009

For the past year I have been involved in this yahoo group called Cooking Gals, where we send out recipes and cooking tips to one another, with a designated theme for each month. So I thought, what a great idea if  we set up a blog where we can post a pic of our recipes, and share some insider tips. Hope you find this helpful! Please leave comments if you like and share some of ur baking/cooking secrets.


OK so here we goooooo.......our first recipe!!

JUJEY'S OLD FASHION POUND CAKE

Found this recipe on allrecipes, but I changed it a little, since I didn't have some of the ingredients listed...oh my.....what a delicious cake!! I'm even going to be sooooo nice enough to attach a photo of a piece of cake that I served to my DH.



1/2 cup cream cheese
1 cup butter
2 1/2 cups white sugar
5 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 cups flour

  • Preheat oven to 300, lightly grease a bundt pan
  • Cream together cream cheese, butter, sugar until fluffy
  • Add eggs 1 at a time, and then add vanilla extract
  • Add salt, flour and baking powder, alternately with the milk
  • Bake for 1 - 1.5 hours.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog