Raya's Banana Crumb Muffins

>> Friday, December 18, 2009

These banana muffins are really good, and it's the crumb topping that make them extra special.....again really easy, superfast...they can be made before the kids go to school in the morning. Enjoy


Raya's Muffins



Rana's Muffins




Fatima H's Muffins





RAYA'S BANANA CRUMB MUFFINS

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 bananas, mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup butter, melted

CRUMBLE:
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter


  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
  • In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
  • In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
  • Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.

3 comments:

Rana,  December 19, 2009 at 12:03 PM  

Wow Raya, looks professional! I will try them next time I get bananas and let you know how they turn out. My muffins never rise above the rim of the muffin tray, if you have any idea why, please let me know.

Raya,  December 19, 2009 at 7:19 PM  

I got no clue, do you fill the cups? Just remember, the riper the bananas the tastier....

Jujey December 20, 2009 at 1:49 PM  

Raya, I make these a lot, they taste great with walnuts and chocolate chips. Also I use whole wheat flour, u can't tell the difference! And u are right the riper the banana's the better. I wait until my banana's are browny black, and then throw them in the freezer, and then whenever I want to make these I can just grab the banana's from the freezer, and start baking away...instead of waiting for my banana's to turn black.

Post a Comment

Search This Blog