>> Friday, January 22, 2010
My son wanted ice cream cones and all the ones we could find at the stores had too much junk in them. My husband found a recipe online and they made these the other day. So delicious we were eating them without putting ice cream in it :)
HODA'S WAFFLE CONES
1 complete egg
1 egg white
1/2 cup granulated sugar (they used almost 1/2 a cup of honey instead)
2 tablespoons of butter (warm)
2/3 cup of all purpose flour (they used wheat flour)
1/4 teaspoon of salt.
With this waffle cone recipe you will get around eight waffle cones.
- First preheat the Pizelle Maker (like a flat waffle iron).
- Take the egg white, egg and the salt and beat them until the mix is properly blended. Then add some sugar (or honey) to this mixture.
- Stir until you notice the egg getting light in color (this will take like a minute or so).
- Now add the flour and mix again. You have to mix it really well so there are no lumps.
- When finished all there is left to do is to add the melted butter, and then mix some more.
- Pour dough onto the Pizelle Maker. Bake it for around a minute. Then quickly remove it and role into a cone.
- Hold the waffle cone like that for a while so it cools a little and keeps its shape. It's obviously hot so you may want to use a towel :)