>> Wednesday, January 6, 2010
JUJEY'S AWESOME ROLLS
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup white sugar (or honey)
1 teaspoon salt
5 teaspoons active dry yeast
2.5 cups all-purpose flour
2.5 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, warm milk, water, sugar and salt. Remove from heat, and mix in the eggs and yeast.
- Measure flour into a large bowl. Make a well in the flour, and pour milk mixture into it. Do not stir. Cover with a lid, and let stand for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Pour melted butter into flour, and mix well. Add more flour if too sticky. Knead lightly. Cover, and let rise for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Shape the dough into rolls, and place on a baking sheet. Let rise again for 20 to 30 minutes. Brush with top with egg wash.
- Bake rolls in a preheated 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) oven for 15 minutes, or until done.