Jujey's Laham Bi Ajeen (Meat Pies)!

>> Monday, January 11, 2010

I usually make these just with meat, salt, pepper, parsley, tomatoes and onions, but I wanted to try something different, so I spent half the day yesterday looking all over the net for recipes. I found one, that I thought might be ok, but i didn't like everything that it called for, so instead I used my imagination, and here is what I came up with.....it was sooooooooo delicious!!



JUJEY'S LAHAM BI AJEEN

Dough

1 cup warm water
2.5 tsp instant yeast
1 tbsp of sugar or honey
1 cup milk or laban
1/4 cup canola oil
1 tsp salt
1 egg
4-5 cups of flour

Meat Mixture

1 cup of minced meat
1 small tomato
1 medium onion
1 garlic clove
half of a small green pepper
jalapeno pepper (i only used a little of it, so it wasn't too spicey)
2 tbsp of tomato paste
1/8 tsp of arabic mixed spices
salt and pepper to taste


  • To make dough, mix warm water, sugar and yeast, and let sit for 10 minutes to proof.


  • Mix in rest of ingredients and kneed dough until soft, cover and let rise until double.


  • To make the meat mixture, chop up tomato, onion, garlic, green pepper, jalapeno pepper and add to meat, with tomato paste, mixed spices, salt and pepper.


  • Flaten dough and cut into circles, place into greased baking sheet. Once on the baking sheet, spead meat mixture ontop evenly.


  • Bake at 425 for 10 minutes or until dough starts to turn a light brown.


2 comments:

Rana,  January 15, 2010 at 6:24 PM  

Jujey, I made this exactly as you posted it...it turned out awesome...I made too much dough though, when my meat mixture was finished, I made some with zaatar/olive oil, some with feta cheese. I still had dough left over, so I put it in plastic bag in fridge and 2 days later I made some with spinach/onion. My absolute favourite was when my cousin made a cinnamon/sugar/brown sugar mix and rolled them up into pinwheels. THANK YOU for the recipe.

Anonymous,  February 16, 2010 at 7:24 AM  

interesting article. I would love to follow you on twitter.

Post a Comment

Search This Blog