>> Sunday, March 7, 2010
My sister Fatima M made this Cheesecake this weekend, and has declared this Cheesecake as the best of 2 worlds....Cheesecake and Cinnabuns! I think I would agree with that!!
1st Step is Making the Dough Crust
Pour the Cheesecke batter over the crust
Drop spoonfuls of cinnamon sugar and remaining dough from the crust into the batter
Drizzle cream cheese frosting over cake.....then EAT AND SAVOUR!!!
FATIMA M'S CINNAMON ROLL CHEESECAKE
Cinnamon Roll Batter:
2/3 cup white sugar
¼ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ cup whole milk
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 pkg. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp flour
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
3 tbsp cinnamon
Cream Cheese Frosting:
2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
3 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup powdered sugar
milk (if needed to thin frosting)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9-inch Springform pan.
- Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment (or hand mixer) cream together the butter and sugar for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, milk, and vanilla. Beat for another minute. Scrape down bowl.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Combine the sifted and creamed ingredients together. Mix on low speed until throughly combined.
- Spread half of the batter onto the bottom of the Springform pan. It will be sticky and thick so spray your hands with baking spray and press down. It will be a thin layer, but trust me it will rise up during baking.
- Using a stand mixer (and a clean bowl) fitted with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and sugar for 2 minutes on medium-high speed.
- Add the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl after each addition.
- Add the vanilla and flour and beat for another minute.
- Pour all of the cheesecake batter on top of the cinnamon roll batter that is in the prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Drop spoonfuls of the cinnamon filling over the entire top of the cheesecake.
- Take the rest of the base batter and drop spoonfuls over the entire top of cheesecake. Once finished, take a knife to swirl the ingredients together. This is hard to do as the batter is pretty thick, just do what you can.
- Bake for about 50-55 minutes, cake will be puffy and lightly browned. Let chill for 20 minutes at room temperature and then cover and move to fridge for 4 hours. Remove cake and let it warm up to room temperature just a bit. Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Using a stand mixer (and a clean bowl) with paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and butter together for 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and beat until desired consistency is reached. If too thick, thin out with milk.