Jujey's Chocolate Ice Cream

>> Tuesday, September 21, 2010

So I have been baking for a while now, but I gotta say this is my biggest achievement yet!!! This ice cream is to die for, it is so smooth and creamy!! I found this recipe online and the person who made it said it was so good she licked everything that the ice cream touced while she was making it.....and no lie...I did the same thing!! Hope u try this out, and the best part about it....u don't need an ice cream maker!!


I'm in lovvvvvvve!!!

JUJEY'S CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM


2 cups heavy cream
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
5 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
1 cup whole milk
¾ cup granulated sugar
Pinch of salt
5 large egg yolks
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Warm 1 cup of the cream with the cocoa powder in a medium saucepan, whisking to thoroughly blend the cocoa. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer at a very low boil for 30 seconds, whisking constantly. Remove from the heat and add the chopped chocolate, stirring until smooth. Then stir in the remaining 1 cup cream. Pour the mixture into a large bowl, scraping the saucepan as thoroughly as possible, and set a mesh strainer on top of the bowl.
  • Warm the milk, sugar, and salt in the same saucepan. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolk. Slowly pour the warm milk into the egg yolks, whisking constantly, then scrape the warmed egg yolks back into the saucepan.
  • Stir the mixture constantly over the medium heat with a heatproof spatula, scraping the bottom as you stir, until the mixture thickens and coats the spatula (170°F on an instant-read thermometer). Pour the custard through the strainer and stir it into the chocolate mixture until smooth, then stir in the vanilla. Stir until cool over an ice bath.
  • Chill the mixture thoroughly in the refrigerator, then freeze it in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. 
Note: I don't have an ice cream maker, so after I put the chilled mixture from the fridge into the freezer, 2 hours later, I took it out, whipped it again for about 1 minute, then returned it to the freezer. After another 2 hours, I mixed it (since it was thicker now), and put it back in the freezer until it hardened. I licked all my spoons and my bowls.....it was the best ice cream I have ever had. Also note, I just used 1 100gr milk chocolate bar instead of the bitter sweet chocolate, since I didn't have any. Use dark chocolate for all u chocolate lovers.

2 comments:

Jujey October 17, 2010 at 10:41 AM  

This is beyond good!! Best ice cream i have had!!!! So creamy!!! MUST TRY!!

Post a Comment

Search This Blog