>> Tuesday, September 7, 2010
I made these for an Iftar I had and they were really good so then I made them again but tried different fruit. In the pic, I layered pineapples, kiwi's and strawberries. It tastes a little like cheesecake without the crust. I also whipped up the whipping cream separately and then folded it into the sweetened cream cheese to make it more fluffy.
What a great pic!!!! They look delicious!!
SAMMAH'S FRUIT PARFAIT
- 8 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pint blueberries (lightly sprinkled with sugar)
- 1 pint red raspberries (lightly sprinkled with sugar)1
- In a medium bowl, place the cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Whip with electric mixer until fluffy.
- Slowly add whipping cream a little at a time.
- Continue beating until the cream is blended and mixture is fluffy.
- Add lemon juice to taste.
- To assemble parfaits, use parfait glasses, tall wine glasses or champagne flutes.
- Spoon 1 inch of blueberries into glass, top with a dollop of cream, then spoon 1 inch of raspberries, followed by another dollop of cream.
- Repeat layers to the top.