>> Friday, December 18, 2009
Ok like I want to eat the picture of them, they look amazing!! Here's a recipe from my friend Mona Z.
From Mona Z:
I made these Granola Bars last night and they came out so delicous. They are chock full of oats, walnuts, chocolate chips, raisins and sunflower seeds.
Here's the recipe, from good old RecipeZaar. They're called Triple Threat Oatmeal Bars. The recipe called for coconut but I put chocolate chips instead. Healthy, huh? They're still a pretty hearty snack and the kids and my mom loved them!
MONA Z'S GRANOLA BARS
1 1/2 cups butter, room temperature
2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
3 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups walnuts, chopped,toasted
3/4 cup golden raisin
3/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Butter 10 X 14 inch cookie sheet and line with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and brown sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time.
- Beat in milk and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl.
- Add to butter mixture and stir until just combined.
- Mix in oats, walnuts, raisins and coconut (dough will be very stiff).
- Press dough evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake until top is golden-brown, about 15 minutes.
- Cool in pan on rack 5 minutes.
- Turn out and peel off parchment paper.
- Cool and cut into bars.