Raya's Salsa Chicken!

>> Friday, December 18, 2009




Months ago, our dear Raya, sent out this Salsa Chicken Recipe. Many people from the group tried it and said it was just delicious, so I had to give it a try. Here's the recipe, I also made some Spanish Rice beside it, which also was so YUMMMY!


Thanks Raya for the recipe........seems like everyone wants to vote for it being the recipe of the year! haha

The top pics are from Samah......don't they look awesome!! She took the pic in her kitchen, just using natural sunlight!! looks so delicious Samah!! And the pic below is mine that I took using my kids Dora the Explorer Plate...Omg, I need new dishes and I need to learn how to take better pics!! That's it I am going to learn how to take pics, all of my pics are with my 4 brats around me, so I am always in a rush, and never have time to make them look pretty.





RAYA'S AWARD WINNING SALSA CHICKEN

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
4 teaspoons taco seasoning mix
1 cup salsa
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons sour cream (optional)

  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C)
  • Place chicken breasts in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle taco seasoning on both sides of chicken breasts, and pour salsa over all.
  • Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is tender and juicy and its juices run clear.
  • Sprinkle chicken evenly with cheese, and continue baking for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Top with sour cream if desired, and serve. I didn't have any sour cream :(
SPANISH RICE

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup uncooked white rice
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
1 1/4 cups chicken stock
1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes
green chili's to taste (I added 1/2 of one)
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt

  • Heat oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Saute onion, garlic, and bell pepper until tender. Add rice and brown.
  • Stir in chicken stock, tomatoes and green chili's. Season with cumin and salt. Cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, or until rice is cooked and liquid is absorbed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog