Rana's Zucchini Bread!

>> Friday, December 18, 2009

Raquel sent out this recipe for Zucchini Bread, and once Rana saw this, she knew she had to make it! Usually the recipes that Raquel sends out, are right on the money!! Now I am dying to make it, so I think it will be on my agenda for tomorrow! Rana these pics look so amazing!







From Rana:
I made the Zucchini Bread (that Raquel sent out), its awesome! The only changes I made were omit the raisins and I made it in a large pyrex instead of 2 bread pans.

ZUCCHINI BREAD WITH CINNAMON SUGAR TOPPING

3 beaten eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups white sugar
2 cups shredded zucchini
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup golden raisins (I omitted raisins)
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Prepare two loaf pans with cooking spray.
  • Mix the eggs, vegetable oil, sugar, zucchini, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl; add the raisins. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Whisk the flour mixture into the zucchini mixture, stirring until almost all the lumps are gone. Divide the batter between the two prepared loaf pans.
  • Whisk the flour mixture into the zucchini mixture, stirring until almost all the lumps are gone. Divide the batter between the two prepared loaf pans, and sprinkle the tops with the brown sugar-cinnamon mixture.
  • Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.

Update: Rana sent out another pic, using the same recipe, but added carrots into the batter. Here's the pic....looks great!


3 comments:

Jujey December 18, 2009 at 6:56 PM  

what an amazing recipe!! I just took this out of the oven!! I made a half of a batch, plus I used whole wheat flour! It was sooooooooooo sooooooooooo good!! I'll leave Rana's pic on here alone, and not bother posting mine....Rana's looks so much better!! Great recipe Raquel!

Rana,  December 19, 2009 at 11:58 AM  

Good idea with the whole wheat flour, its so much better for you and your family.

R,  December 19, 2009 at 11:40 PM  

I made this bread again today, except I used 1 cup zucchini and 1 cup carrots. It turned out good, but I prefer the zucchini only version.

Post a Comment

Search This Blog