>> Sunday, January 3, 2010
yummy loooooooks so delicious!!
FATIMA H'S CHICKEN PASTA
500g penne or fusilli pasta
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp butter
1 package fresh button mushrooms, sliced
Salt, pepper, oregano, and basil
3-4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
Cooking cream (about 1-2 cups, depending on how rich you like your cream sauce)
White cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta al dente, according to package.
- Lightly sauté mushrooms in the olive oil and butter.
- Add chicken breast cubes and sauté until cooked through, seasoning with salt, pepper, oregano, and basil to taste.
- Add broccoli florets and only cook for a minute or two (or they will become soggy and flaccid!).
- Add cream to the chicken and vegetable mixture, stirring until the cream thickens to desired consistency. (You may want to add some of the water from the boiled pasta to make the sauce more rich.)
- Add the pasta to the chicken and sauce mixture, coating the pasta with the sauce.
- Turn the heat off and add the shredded cheddar cheese, continuing to stir the pasta.
- Top with parmesan cheese, if desired.