>> Monday, January 4, 2010
The other day my kids and I decided to make cut out sugar cookies. They had so much fun rolling out the dough and then decortaing them with the icing. Honestly the cookies tasted amazing. This is a great way to have ur kids occupied!
Here's the kids mess they made while making them
Cookies in the oven....don't bake fully, so they stay soft
Volia...my kids masterpieces...there's barney on the right, they had so much fun!
JUJEY'S CUT OUT SUGAR COOKIES
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven
1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 teaspoons milk
2 teaspoons light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
assorted food coloring
- .In a small bowl, stir together confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Beat in corn syrup and almond extract until icing is smooth and glossy. If icing is too thick, add more corn syrup.
- Divide into separate bowls, and add food colorings to each to desired intensity. Dip cookies, or paint them with a brush.