Fatima H's Apple Crisp!

>> Sunday, January 3, 2010

I can taste this right now!!! yummmmmmm-o



You can't have apple crisp without vanialla ice cream!!




FATIMA H'S APPLE CRISP

4 cups apple slices
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter or margerine
2 tablespoon lemon juice

TOPPING
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup butter or margerine
1/8 teaspoon salt
  •  Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Peel, core and slice 4 cups of apples (about 7-9 medium apples).
  • In a large bowl, combine apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, butter and lemon juice. Make sure all of the apple slices are coated evenly with the mixture. Place mixture in a greased pie plate or glass baking dish.
  • In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, butter, and salt and mix with a fork until mixture is consistent. Spread this mixture on top of the apples.
  • Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour until golden and bubbly.
  • ALWAYS serve with vanilla ice cream!!

2 comments:

Rana,  January 15, 2010 at 6:42 PM  

I made this the other day...everyone thought it was store bought! It truly tastes amazing...my sister in law asked me how to make it. She made it last night, called me first thing in the morning and told me how delicious it was. And I made sure to tell her to ALWAYS serve with vanilla ice cream!!!!!

Fatima Hamou February 15, 2010 at 12:44 PM  

LOL!!! Vanilla ice cream is a MUST with this dessert! So glad you liked it! I've been making it since I was in highschool and will continue to make it till I'm a little ol' granny!

Post a Comment

Search This Blog