>> Sunday, January 3, 2010
I can taste this right now!!! yummmmmmm-o
You can't have apple crisp without vanialla ice cream!!
FATIMA H'S APPLE CRISP
4 cups apple slices
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter or margerine
2 tablespoon lemon juice
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup butter or margerine
1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Peel, core and slice 4 cups of apples (about 7-9 medium apples).
- In a large bowl, combine apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, butter and lemon juice. Make sure all of the apple slices are coated evenly with the mixture. Place mixture in a greased pie plate or glass baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, butter, and salt and mix with a fork until mixture is consistent. Spread this mixture on top of the apples.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour until golden and bubbly.
- ALWAYS serve with vanilla ice cream!!