Jujey's Perfect Pizza Crust

>> Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I am always on the lookout for great Pizza dough, and a few months ago, I found the perfect recipe, I bookmarked it, and low and behold....my computer dies on me, losing all my favourite websites. So for the last few weeks I was trying to find that website again with that recipe, but with no luck I could not find it. Soooo, I went on over to allrecipes, and found a recipe that seemed almost the same as the one I lost, so I gave it a try......the end result....perfect pizza crust. Hope you and your family enjoy it as much as mine did.



JUJEY'S PIZZA CRUST
  • 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
  • 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour

      • In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast and brown sugar in the water, and let sit for 10 minutes.
      • Stir the salt and oil into the yeast solution. Mix in 2 1/2 cups of the flour.
      • Turn dough out onto a clean, well floured surface, and knead in more flour until the dough is no longer sticky. Place the dough into a well oiled bowl, and cover with a cloth. Let the dough rise until double; this should take about 1 hour. Punch down the dough, and form a tight ball. Allow the dough to relax for a minute before rolling out. Use for your favorite pizza recipe.
      • Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). If you are baking the dough on a pizza stone, you may place your toppings on the dough, and bake immediately. If you are baking your pizza in a pan, lightly oil the pan, and let the dough rise for 15 or 20 minutes before topping and baking it.
      • Bake pizza in preheated oven, until the cheese and crust are golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.
      • Note: you can also chop up some fresh garlic and herbs and add it to the dough prior to baking it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog