Raya's Adas (Lentil) Soup

>> Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Ok so I make this Adas soup every single day in Ramadan cuz that's all the family wants.....sooooo easy and soooooooo good!!!




How comforting does that soup look eh!!!




RAYA'S ADAS (LENTIL) SOUP


1 large potato
2 carrots
1 onion
3 garlic
1 cup of red lentils
1 maggie cube
1 tsp cumin
salt and pepper
1 Tbsp butter
olive oil

  • In a pot add potato, carrots, onion, garlic and lentils. Pour enough water to fully cover the vegetables. Boil until tender and soft. 
  • Blend in blender until smooth.
  • Back in the same pot, heat butter and olive oil and add maggie cube, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir for 2 minutes and pour blended mixture on top. Stir until well mixed and heat through for about 3-4 minutes. 
  • If mixture is too thick add some boiled water until you reach your desired consistency. Enjoy!

2 comments:

My Great Escape August 27, 2010 at 2:52 AM  

Jazakhalla khair, I'm so gonna make this for my mum when she comes back, Inshallah.

Jujey September 2, 2010 at 10:40 AM  

It is sooooo good, I made it the other day, and at the end I added a splash of lemon!!!

Post a Comment

Search This Blog