Fatima H's Brown & Wild Rice Pilaf

>> Thursday, November 25, 2010

I've made this a few times and changed up the veggies. It turns out to be a really colourful yummy side-dish (and super healthy too!). Actually it goes well with the creamy chicken picasso recipe.
Bon appetit!
Fatima




FATIMA H'S BROWN & WILD RICE PILAF

1-2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, diced
1 large carrot, diced
2 broccoli stems, diced
1 (coloured) bell pepper, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth 
1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
1 cup uncooked long-grain brown rice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

  • Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add diced onion, carrots, broccoli, pepper and garlic and cook until tender. Stir in broth and wild rice. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 25 minutes. 
  • Stir in brown rice. Cover and cook over low heat 20 minutes or until rice is done. Stir in parsley. 

2 comments:

Anonymous,  December 5, 2010 at 12:37 PM  

О! We’ve a bit of difficulty to subscribe the rss, in any event I’ve book marked this great site, is quite useful plus filled with informations.

Anonymous,  January 31, 2011 at 6:50 PM  

Really informative blog post here my friend. I just wanted to comment & say keep up the quality work. I’ve bookmarked your blog just now and I’ll be back to read more in the future my friend! Also well-chosen colors on the theme it goes well with the blog in my modest opinion :).

Post a Comment

Search This Blog