>> Monday, December 20, 2010
I made these delicious cookies last night! They are soooo easy and taste great (like sugar cookies with a cinnamon twist!) I used powdered vanilla instead of the vanilla extract. At first I was making almost golf ball sized cookies which are too large so I made very small balls which are so much cuter and you can pop them into your mouth! No need for parchment paper if you are using non-stick baking sheets but make sure to transfer cookies to a wire rack STRAIGHT after taking out of the oven (as they will start to harden on the outside quickly!). Will definitely be making these again! Enjoy!
FATIMA H'S SNICKERDOODLES
2 3/4 cups (360 grams) all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup (227 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups (300 grams) granulated white sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup (66 grams) granulated white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the butter and sugar until smooth (about 2 to 3 minutes). Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Beat in the vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture and beat until you have a smooth dough. If the dough is soft, cover and refrigerate until firm enough to roll into balls (one to two hours).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (190 degrees C) and place rack in the center of the oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch (2.5 cm) round balls.
- Coating: In a large shallow bowl mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll the balls of dough in the cinnamon sugar and place on the prepared pan, spacing about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Then, using the bottom of a glass, gently flatten each cookie to about 1/2 inch (1.5 cm) thick.
- Bake the cookies for about 8 - 10 minutes, or until they are light golden brown around the edges. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Can store in an airtight container, at room temperature, for about 10 - 14 days.
Note: Makes about 6 dozen cookies