>> Thursday, March 17, 2011
K I have to dedicate this post to our dear member Mona H!! Mona Mona Mona...what can I say, u have made us all proud with your recipes this month...she's on a role gals....hehehhehe. So Mona, I'm posting this special section just for toi!!! So this means that I am going to get more recipes from u right???
Here we go...post #1 with a PIC too!!! wooohooo!!!
Looking good!!! Ganache poured over Nerrt's Deep Chocolate Cake!
MONA H CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- This is the easiest frosting recipe; and, you can make two types with this same recipe!
- In a heat proof bowl add 8ozs of semisweet chocolate add a half cup of heavy cream and a tsp of instant coffee and place over a simmering pot of water. Stir until the chocolate is melted smooth and shiny.
- This produces a ganache that u can dip cupcakes into or pour over a cake.
- To make more of a traditional frosting take the ganache mixture and place in a mixer and whip with ur whipping attachment (like u would to make whipped cream). Once it is fluffy and the colour of chocolate milk, it's done and ready to be spread over cupcakes or cakes.
- There it is one recipe two frostings
BANANA CRUMB MUFFINS
Alright i'm on a cooking gals role; I just made the banana crumb muffins and nerrt's chocolate cake. The cake is still in the oven but here's a pic of the muffins, which are delish! (Btw I added chocolate chips to the crumb topping.
You can check out the recipe under muffins!!
MONA'S LENTIL SOUP
So today is my day and I'm finally sending a recipe; only because Nazi Jeannette is sitting beside me and making me do it.
Here it goes:
Barakat's Curry Lentil Soup
- Chop one onion and some carrots in a small food processor until very fine (mushy). Add them to a pot with some warmed olive oil.
- Saute for a few minutes and then add about two-three cups of red lentils and saute for a few more minutes.
- Then fill the pot with water until the lentil are completely covered. Bring to a boil then cover and allow the mixture to simmer until the ingredients have softened and the liquid has reduced a little.
- Then add a teaspoon of curry, a teaspoon of ground cardamon, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Then using a hand blender blend until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning until you like it. When ready to serve, garnish with sauce (see recipe below) and pita chips.
There's my recipe; get off my back Jeannette.
Excuse the ghetto format.
**Hope you guys all enjoyed this special post.....hey send me more recipes...and u too can get a special post just for u!! hehehhe!!