>> Thursday, March 10, 2011
This be my chocolate recipe for the month. I'm not really into baking but this is how I incorporated chocolate into a dish.
Every Saturday we have pancakes at home and I've been experimenting with different techniques and ingredients. Here's my analysis so far:
1. Do not over mix the batter.
2. Let the batter rest for at least 10 minutes after mixing and before cooking.
3. Cook on very low heat.
4. Buttermilk yields the best flavor and texture.
SHADIA'S CHOCOLATE PANCAKES
1 1/4 cup AP flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 Tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup milk (or buttermilk)
1 egg, separated
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp melted butter
2 Tbsp brewed coffee
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, cocoa, sugar and salt. Stir to combine.
- In another bowl, whisk milk, egg yolk, vanilla, butter and coffee together until combined. Stir into dry ingredients, make sure not to over mix.
- In a small bowl whisk egg white until foamy and soft peaks have formed. Gently fold into batter.
- Cook pancakes :)
PS: Cause maple syrup wasn't enough, I topped mine with caramelized bananas and coconut.