Fatima M's Carrot Cake

>> Saturday, December 26, 2009

When I was in Canada in November, my sister Fatima M, made her all time famous carrot cake, and it was delicious!! I was a little scared to make it for my family, since they are so picky, but I decided to give it a try, and I am glad I did, b/c it turned out amazing, and everyone loved it, even the kids.


Here's the cake while it was in the oven



After the cake came out of the oven



After I decorated it



A piece before it got gobbled all up



Here's a pic of Raquel's cake...looks great!!




And here's a pic of Fatima H's cake that her sis Mariam decorated!




FATIMA M'S CARROT CAKE

2 1/2 cups sifted flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 cup grated baby carrots
1 can (14 ounces) crushed pineapple with juice (this is the secret ingredient)

CREAM CHEESE ICING

1/2 cup softened butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 pkg softened cream cheese
1 pound icing sugar
  • Sift first five ingredients. Add sugar, oil and eggs.. Mix well. Add carrots, pineapple and blend well. Pour into two greased and floured 8 or 9" round pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 mins.
  • Cream together softened cream cheese and butter. (I usually double the icing recipe) Add vanilla and then keep adding icing sugar until icing is the right consistency.
  • Spread on cooled cake and store in refrigerator.

5 comments:

Nur Amirah December 27, 2009 at 5:50 AM  

the cake decoration is just so pretty! I'm going to try it out. Thanks for the recipe!

Rana,  December 27, 2009 at 3:32 PM  

Looks awesome, mashallah! Love the carrot decorations.

Rana,  January 15, 2010 at 6:53 PM  

I made this cake twice so far...the taste is to die for, but I didn't take a picture because I just couldn't decorate it like you guys. I recommend this recipe to anyone.

Fatima Hamou February 15, 2010 at 12:46 PM  

I have made this 4 times now! It's so yummy and keeps well in the fridge for as long as it lasts! Unfortunately my sis went back to Canada so no more fancy deco's!

Post a Comment

Search This Blog