>> Monday, December 28, 2009
I know others have tried this recipe from the group, and they have all said that it was amazing, I must try this soon!!
RANA'S BEEF BROCCOLI STIR FRY WITH CHINESE RICE
1 pound flank steak
3 tablespoons water
7 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 tablespoons soy sauce
8 teaspoons cornstarch
1 1/4 cup canned chicken broth (or Maggi)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
4 teaspoons oriental sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon sugar
6 quarter-size slices peeled fresh ginger, minced (optional)
2 pounds broccoli, cut into florets (stems discarded)
1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- Cut steak with grain into 2-inch-wide pieces, then slice thinly across grain.
- Combine 3 tablespoons water, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, and 2 teaspoons cornstarch in large bowl. Add steak and stir to coat. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Combine 1/4 cup broth, remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce, and 6 teaspoons cornstarch, sesame oil and sugar in small bowl, stirring to dissolve cornstarch completely.
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in wok or heavy large skillet over high heat. Add steak with marinade and stir-fry until no longer pink, about 2 minutes. Transfer to platter.
- Add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil to wok. Add ginger and stir until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Add broccoli and stir-fry 1 minute. Add 1 cup broth. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 2 1/2 minutes.
- Transfer broccoli to bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to wok.
- Add mushrooms; cook 2 minutes.
- Return steak and broccoli to wok. Stir sauce, add to wok and stir until sauce thickens, about 30 seconds. Transfer mixture to platter. Serve immediately with rice.
1-2 carrots, grated
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup corn kernels
a few dashes of soya sauce
1 cup rice
1 2/3 cup water
vegetable oil (enough to cover the bottom of the pot)
1 tsp sesame oil (optional)
fried pine nuts (optional)
- Heat oil in pot, add mushrooms, peas, carrots and corn. Fry for a few minutes until mushrooms gets dark in colour.
- Add rice and stir more. Add water, soya sauce and sesame oil (gives it great flavour).
- When water boils, cover and simmer on low for approx. 20 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Stir pine nuts into cooked rice.