Rana's Mixed Cup Salad

>> Monday, December 28, 2009

OK gals, my kids decided that when I woke up today, I am not allowed in the kitchen and they were going to cook for me today. My oldest bought a cookbook when we were in Canada in the summer called "School Days Lunches" by Company's Coming. Anyway, they made a recipe called Mixed Cup Salad. It was actually very tasty!





RANA'S MIXED CUP SALAD

2 cups cooked rice or 2/3 cup uncooked
1 cup frozen kernel corn, thawed (they used canned)
1 cup diced Enlgish cucumber (with peel)
1 cup diced red pepper (they used green)
1 cup grated carrot
1 cup diced cooked ham (omitted)
1 cup diced medium Cheddar cheese

Dill Dressing:

1 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup French dressing (they used Thousand Island instead)
2 tsp chopped fresh dill or 1/2 tsp dill weed

  • Dill Dressing: Combine first 3 ingredients in small bowl. over. Let stand for 10 minutes to blend flavours. Makes about 1 1/4 cups dressing.
  • Put remaining 7 ingredients into large bowl. Toss gently. Drizzle with dressing. Toss gently.
  • Makes about 8 cups

2 comments:

Jujey December 28, 2009 at 2:27 PM  

Rana, that is so cute that ur kids wanted to cook for u!! i love it!!!

Rana,  January 15, 2010 at 6:49 PM  

THANK YOU!!!! I really enjoyed my 'day off'...it was nice.

Post a Comment

Search This Blog