>> Friday, May 28, 2010
Ok so I know that I'm gonna hear from all those Mexicans our there...you know who you are....that enchiladas are made with corn tortillas and not flour...but because I'm trying to watch my waist, instead of having to fry the corn tortillas, I tried making them with flour tortillas. Let me tell you, they were delicious.... I hope you enjoy!!!
RAYA'S BEEF ENCHILADAS
1lb extra lean ground beef
1 large onion chopped
3 cloves garlic minced
1 package taco seasoning
10-12 flour tortillas
shredded cheddar and mozzeralla cheese mixed
2 cans of enchilada sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium skillet, add oil and onions and fry until onions are transparent. Add garlic and ground beef and cook until beef is browned. Add taco seasoning and mix for a couple of minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour a 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. On each flour tortilla, place an equal portion of the ground beef mixture and about 2 tbsps of cheese mixture, reserving at least 1/2 cup of cheese. Then tightly roll the tortillas and place seam side down in the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the top of the enchiladas and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly and cheese is thoroughly melted.
- Serve with sour cream.