>> Saturday, July 3, 2010
RAYA'S ORZO SALAD
I bag orzo
5 small to medium zucchini, diced
1 large onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 jar chick peas, drained
2 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
Fresh parsley, chopped
Fresh mint, chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the orzo and cook to al dente.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, add the onions and garlic and cook until onions are transparent.
- Add zucchini, salt and pepper, and cook for 6-7 minutes until tender.
- Add chick peas and stir for a minute until heated through.
- Remove from stove and mix in orzo, parsley, mint and cheese. Adjust salt and pepper and serve.