>> Tuesday, July 27, 2010
K my mouth is watering just looking at this pic!!! Arriba Arriba, gotta make me some mexican food tonight!!!
2 boneless skinless chicken breast
1/2 medium onion, diced
Emeril Lagasse's Essence spice mix (optional)
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 diced onion
1 cup salsa
3 Tbsp tomato paste
1 cup of water
1 cup crushed tomatoes, or jarred strained tomatoes
Shredded colby jack cheese
Handful of cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- To make the filling, saute the diced onions in olive oil until cooked through.
- Dice the chicken breast and add it to the onions, cook until there is no more pink.
- Add the taco seasoning and Essence, season to taste. Turn off the heat and stir the cottage cheese.
- To make the sauce, saute the garlic and diced onions in olive oil. Turn off the heat.
- Add 1 cup of salsa. Dissolve 3 Tbsp of tomato paste into 1 cup of water, add to pan. Add 1 cup of crushed tomatoes.
- Coat the bottom of a casserole dish with a thin layer of sauce.
- Place the tortillas on a counter top. Place some filling and cheese on each tortilla, roll and place in a casserole dish.
- The rolled tortillas can be placed upside down and close together to prevent them from opening.
- When the casserole dish is filled with rolled tortillas, top it with the sauce and then the shredded cheese.
- Place the enchiladas in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream and the chopped cilantro.