>> Thursday, October 14, 2010
This is a mix between a Brownie and a Cookie......I make this often, since kids and hubby like it so much. Double the recipe if u are feeding more than 8 people. So YUMMY!!!
JUJEY'S BLONDE BROWNIES
1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1/3 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Measure 1 cup sifted flour. Add baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Sift again. Add 1/2 cup chopped nuts. Mix well and set aside.
- Melt 1/3 cup butter. Add 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar and mix well. If shortening is used, add 1 tablespoon hot water. Cool slightly.
- Add egg (beaten) and vanilla. Blend well. Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing well.
- Spread in 9 x 9 x 2 inch pan. Sprinkle 1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips on top. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
NOTE: Instead of sprinkling the chocolate chips on top, i mix them in with the batter.