>> Saturday, October 9, 2010
Ok gals so this is my recipe for this month. I made it for my husbands friends the other day and they really liked it.
RAQUEL'S EGGPLANT & TOMATO TOWER
2 large eggplants
2 large tomatoes
2 cups rocca leaves, (jarjir)
1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
3 tbs. oregano
1/4 tbs. garlic crushed
6 tbs. olive oil
2 tbs. lemon juice
1 tbs. vinegar
salt , pepper
- Cut eggplant and tomatoes into thick slices and grill them on an electric grill or pan with 2 tbs of olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the two kinds of cheeses with 2 tbs. of oregano.and one slice.
- In oven tray, arrange the vegetables by making towers, place one slice of eggplant as the base, add 1 tsp. of the cheese mix thne put the tomato slice and 1 tsp. of the cheese mix than another slice of eggplant finish off with cheese.
- Put the tray in the oven until the cheese melts and gets a light brown color.
- Make the dressing by mixing the remaining olive oil with lemon, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper.
- In a large flat plate, make a bed of rocca leaves and place the eggplant towers on top. Add 1 tbs. of the dressing over each one.